For now, Trapeze Yoga is only offered as Private Sessions (Singles & Duets). Make sure you are on the mailing list to learn when Special Outdoor Semi-Private Trapeze events are scheduled. Semi-private classes are limited to 4 people.
A modern style of yoga, this suspension yoga system incorporates a hanging soft fabric hammock to explore alignment, release chronic tension by spinal traction, hang around upside down, and have fun! This dynamic movement is the perfect meshing of yoga, aerial, and TRX workout! The 3 levels of handles allows for upper body and core strength building. Appropriate for all skill levels. For experienced yogis, trapeze yoga will add a new dimension to complement your existing practice. For those with little or no yoga experience, trapeze yoga is a great place to start. Every class includes decompression, supported inversions, core and upper body strengthening, deep relaxation, and fun!
Beneficial for Relieving back pain; Increasing strength: grip, posterior chain, core; Deepening flexibility; Improving balance; Improving overall fitness. NOT recommended for those who are pregnant, have had a recent surgery, have glaucoma, heart disease, very high or very low blood pressure, easy onset vertigo, osteoporosis/ bone weakness, and/or other serious medical concerns.
Prepare for Class:
- Come dressed in comfortable clothing that is free of sharp objects. NO exposed zippers, exposed snaps, or rhinestones, as these can snag and rip our fabric hammocks.
- Remove jewelry such as necklaces, watches, bracelets and rings with prongs.
- Take shoes and regular socks off when entering the yoga hammock room. Yoga socks are recommended.
- No playing or practicing on yoga hammocks unless instructor is present and class is in session.
- Schedule 60 minutes uninterrupted.
- Avoid eating heavy 3 hours before practice.
Start/End Time. Classes are scheduled for 60 minute blocks. If class starts late due to student delay, or if class is interrupted by student, teacher will still need to end at scheduled time.
12 Hour Cancellation / Change Policy. Classes can be rescheduled without penalty provided a minimum of 12 hours advanced notice is given. If less than 12 hours, then class will not be refundable or transferred.