A modern style of yoga, this suspension yoga system incorporates a hanging soft fabric hammock to explore alignment, release chronic tension by spinal traction, hang around upside down, and have fun! This dynamic movement is the perfect meshing of yoga, aerial, and TRX workout! The 3 levels of handles allows for upper body and core strength building. Appropriate for all skill levels. For experienced yogis, trapeze yoga will add a new dimension to complement your existing practice. For those with little or no yoga experience, trapeze yoga is a great place to start. Sessions will be designed for your specific needs and may include decompression, supported inversions, core and upper body strengthening, deep relaxation, and restorative poses!
Beneficial for Relieving back pain; Increasing strength: grip, posterior chain, core; Deepening flexibility; Improving balance; Improving overall fitness. NOT recommended for those who are pregnant, have had a recent surgery, have glaucoma, heart disease, very high or very low blood pressure, easy onset vertigo, osteoporosis/ bone weakness, and/or other serious medical concerns.
Prepare for Session:
- Come dressed in comfortable clothing that is free of sharp objects. NO exposed zippers, exposed snaps, or rhinestones, as these can snag and rip our fabric hammocks.
- Remove jewelry such as necklaces, watches, bracelets and rings with prongs.
- Take shoes and regular socks off when entering the yoga hammock room. Yoga socks are recommended.
- Schedule 60 minutes uninterrupted.
- Avoid eating heavy 3 hours before practice.